Friday, September 18, 2009

Rachel's 23 Things - Introduction

Well, this is my first introduction to the world of blogging so I will interested to see how I feel about it at the end of the semester. I've always sort of distrusted social media being someone who would rather see someone and have a visceral connection as opposed to reading something that feels so impersonal, but I've decided the time has come for me to come to appreciate what this electronic medium can do. I've had a hard time adjusting to the idea that the blogs, wikis, tweets, etc. can really contribute to lifelong learning, but as technology becomes more and more prevalent, especially in the information services field, I had better learn to be able to provide the best information in the timelist way I can. So, all in all I'm hopeful that working on this blog will help me to (in the words of Habit 6) "use technology to my advantage."

No comments:

Post a Comment